Flexibility Goals and staying on task

So this year I am moving up to fitness.  So my goals have been flexibility related more so than bodybuilding this year.

I can maintain my current muscle and strength but flexibility is a monster for me.  I used to be a gymnast.  Flips and cartwheels and things, but now I am struggling with just doing a split.  That's been my goal to be flexible enough to go into a full side split by end of the month.  I am about 6 inches, 4 on a good day, from my goal. 

The problem? I keep just not doing my stretches.  It's a bad habit I got from lifting.  I don't like to stretch after workouts and it's robbed me of my flexibility. It's best for me to practice flexibility when I am warm from working out.  Helps two fold, stretch me post work out and work on getting further into the split, but lately, I am just tired and want to go home.  So instead of do it at the gym, I say I will do it when I get home and don't.  So now I don't think I will make my goal by the end of the month.    I will focus on it though, cause I am goal oriented and really like hitting them when I set them.  I mean I got 8 days.  It's four inches.  I can do it.  4 inches!

The picture below was me at the six inch milestone

Comments

Popular Posts