new pr and learned a few things

so by the power of manning i finally hit my goal.  ok seriously i was wearing my full broncos outfit.  However, i would like to thank body attack, cycle, cx worx, and my weekly runs.  Oh and about 1000 mg of naproxen for making my run totally successful.

last two weeks i was starting to worry about myself.  my legs were constantly in pain and no amount of rolling and stretching was helping.  my nerve condition seemed to be rearing it's ugly head again.  my legs were going numb and straightening randomly during my runs.  the pain that cause radiated from my knee and down into my ankles.  I was constantly taped up and uncomfortable.  having issues with my legs isn't something you want from a fitness instructor who needs her legs a little more than usual these days.  So i finally caved these last two weeks and just slowed down.  I usually work at the gym with weights and cardio on my off days from teaching.  but after a leg day that ended with knee pain that i'd never felt before, i revised my plan.  Last week i did nothing but cardio.  Cycle, bodyattack, incline intervals on the treadmill and my saturday run.  Same for this week, though i added the arc trainer instead of treadmill.  It worked to my advantage.  the swelling went down but Wednesday and Thursday i think made the difference.  I slept in, I didn't go to the gym at all, except to teach thursday.  I let my body rest and recover, i hydrated, i rolled and stretched and just let my body do what it wanted.  I taught body attack and cx yesterday, hydrated and took some naproxen before bed and slept to hannibal season 2.  woke up this morning, taped my knees as a precaution with some KT tape and took some Naproxen and extra allegra since i was gonna be out in pollen country and ran my best race to date.

I usually have to deal with pain and a mental battle while running these last few weeks.  none of that this time.  while i thought, it's just the drugs talking, you will feel this in the afternoon when it wears off.  However, unlike previous races and runs this year, here i am, walking up and down the stairs without pain.  of course i'm still gonna go get this all checked by my doc, but I'm just glad i decided to finally stop being stubborn and forcing my body to do things when it was telling me to just stop for a second.  sometimes the best thing you can do is just... stop.  Currently i'm  getting ready to watch star wars with my feet up and some coke zero cherry (my cheat for the day)  but i wanted to post my results and share my pr and how i got there.  I got there by listening to my body something i need to do on a regular basis.

Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10K - 10K
RUNNER
17021
 
DAMACIA JOHNSON
NORTH CHESTERFIELD, VA
Female / 37
Placed 303rd in Women 35 - 39
 
 
 
 
Division
303
Gender
2369
Overall
6315
Finish Time
Finish Net58:53
Finish Gun1:18:07

LocationNet TimeClock TimePacePace Between
Start19:1719:17
3:33 /mi
5k30:1949:339:44 /mi
9:11 /mi
Finish58:531:18:079:28 /mi

Comments

Popular Posts