really?! don't be this gym person

So I am a quiet sort at the gym, Trying to get in and get my work in and leave at the least crowded times.  I'm considered a regular even though I go at various times and gyms, early morning, late night.  So i was at the gym and using the seldom used Hex Trap Deadlift bar for my deadlifts.  Some dude, never seen him before at the gym, looks like he's new to the gym aka very out of shape asked if I needed help with the bar.  I was like No, then I was like did I look like I was struggling with it or something.  I gave him a suspicious stare then he goes into asking me what I planned to do with it and asked if I needed help on form.  At this time I was #1 highly offended. #2 worried my form had been slipping #3 realized I hadn't even put the weight on the bars and started lifting so he hasn't seen my form to critique.  I told him no thank you it's part of my regular leg routine.  He went away after that and I continued setting up the bar.

Since the Squat rack safety cage next to where I deadlift was open between sets of Deadlifts, I started setting up the safety cage for me to move into squats.  Again, super helpful newbie shows up out of no where. Are you going to use this next? I side eye him, yes. then he asks me while I'm finishing my last set of deadlifts, if I squat to parallel and the benefits of squats and finally he said it, I'm not exactly sure why a woman your size would want to do squats though.  I let the hex bar drop a little heavier than I like and turn and look at him. Look dude, I don't know who you are or why you've decided to give me your advice, but #1 I don't really need it, #2 you need to take your own advice #3 you've been hanging around in the area talking to people instead of lifting, why are you here?  He apologized for offending me, and walked away embarrassed.  The dude in the next safety cage next to me turned and said Thank you, he was ANNOYING!

Lesson:  Don't be that person.  Unless someone is doing something so wrong that they are in danger of being hurt, Unless you have a genuine question and Unless it looks like you know what your talking about(have gains), please don't hassle the lifters.  As for the annoying newbie, he ended up going and walking on the treadmill.


Comments

Popular Posts