week three, setbacks?

It's week three of my 20 week prep.  I have maintained weight and slowly losing as i adjust to my eating plan.  I had hoped to be down 5 lbs by cruise time. that way i'd only have ten lbs left to lose post cruise.  Last year i competed at 115.  This year i'm gonna try to compete at 110 so i made sure i gave myself enough time to safely and slowly par down to competition weight.

fitting in my workouts have been bad around my teaching schedule.  change is coming in January but also so are the resolutioners.  It's gonna be packed at the gym so i'm gonna have to make some sacrifices on sleep.  I either have to get up at 4am...  Yeah you saw that right.  Or i'm gonna have to get to the gym at 8:30 p.m. 9 p.m. to get my work in when no one else is around.  Honestly I'm thinking when I naturally wake up at 3 am every night before just turning over and going back to sleep i think i may get up.  who knows.  But i have to get my lifts in.  If i want to do Fitness at the end of the year then I HAVE to build up my back and shoulders and i can't do that with only three days of lifting a week.  I will see what happens this week at weigh in and progress pictures,however, it's been a bad week for me

I some how pulled my groin muscle so that makes leg exercises and cycling difficult.  thankfully because roller derby i still have my groin wrap.  I was able to rescue one and not lose it to the borrow machine of the derby team.  So i have it in the dryer knocking off the dust and anything else living on it before i put it on this week.

I got a cold that i am finally on the other side of but man did that put a damper on eating and working out.
My long run i promised myself on Sundays?  Yeah hasn't happened.  Soon i'll be able to add in that Wednesday night run again now that i'm not teaching anymore.


This year i'm debating my run plans.  I want to do the Shamrock dolphin challenge and i want to do three rock n roll halfs.  but my usual races like the 10k and others may go by the way side.
End of the year i plan to hit up Vegas for a week and do the rock n roll half there instead of the richmond half.
I will probably do some more virtual runs on my own in order to keep my run goals up.  I am taking a year off from being a run coach at Bellemeade and teaching a class on Saturday morning.

I want to do 3-4 shows this year and have to get a figure suit as well as re-cut my current suits. I am getting a posing coach to help me so that's extra money and time.  I am really trying to focus on getting to nationals this year either as bikini or fitness and I want to devote my extra time and energy to that instead of racing every month.  Plus with the rock n roll races, those are doubling as vacations. With my coworker going out to have twins and her future up in the air with three kids under 18 months, i have to plot out my time away this year more carefully. my work schedule will not be as flexible.  Even though my boss is like work 8:30-5 so i don't have overtime, I'm still gonna get some OT!
Sorry not sorry, that Overtime will help me with my Debt free plan, my large scooter plan and my race and competition plan.  2017 is gonna be filled with experiences.  you never know what will happen when Squirrelwig McOrange Dude takes the reigns so I want to travel, pay off debts and get my Suzuki Burgman or MP3 scooter while i still can.


Comments

Popular Posts