the weekend of 18

SO the weekend of 18 has happened with some great milestones

So lets get to it

for the Townebank 8k  I set a new PR of 47:14 with a pace of 9:31.  OK so right off the bat i was like WHAT THE WHAT?!  I don't run that fast.  Not in training runs, not anytime.  I'm usually around 11:30  So to finish that quickly was like WHAT IN THE WORLD?  It was a genuinely flat race so Ok i thought maybe my body was just pleased it got to run a real flat race and flew.

That was TILL i ran my Half the next day
I finished my half in 2:28 with a pace of 11:19.  Now to truly appreciate this overall time  let me pull up the splits

i started the first two miles with a pacing of 11:12 and 11:03  then the 3rd mile i had to pee.  I'm not sure what is up with this lately.  I didn't have anything to really drink but i had to PEE! so i stopped that stop messed with my pacing and is the reason that my overall pace was 11:19  this mile was clocked at 14:51.  the next 5 miles were clocked as so  9:47, 10:41, 10:49, 10:23, 10:30.  Again faster than my usual.  my struggle miles approached.  with 11:28, 11:16, 11:22 and my slowest mile 11:53
then my last mile was 10:53.

All in all this was a great race.  Mile 3-6 was steady uphill and i didn't slow down.  In fact those were my fastest miles.  Of course this may have set me up for some unreal expectations.  I need to make sure i keep up my runs and not be discouraged by what i think are bad runs.  I didn't run over 7 miles while training and never ran faster than 12 min miles but i was about to hit up some of my fastest times.  Now true challenge will be seeing how i do with the monument ave 10k this Saturday and the carytown 10k in April but this shows me two things.

Consistent training helps decrease my times
and doing 10k lengths does help with training for longer runs

Next race 10/28  Monument Ave 10k

Comments

Popular Posts