The year of #18

SO FIRST a spirit animal moment:  #18 Peyton Manning is back for Season 18 with the Broncos.
Now me, On March 21-22 i will be running a total of 18 miles when i do the Shamrock Dolphin Challenge running the 8k on Saturday and the Half marathon on Sunday!

This will be my first of many two race weekends.  With my coworker pregnant and going out to have her baby beginning of June, I won't be able to take long weekends as planned this summer to travel. So my cure for this is driveable race locatons that I can get two races in during the weekend so i get to stay at a place in a hotel and all for the weekend.  This will also force me to continue my cardio/running routine throughout the year.  I'm starting to see the results with dropping inches in my legs, hips and waist aka my problem areas for competition so upping the Cardio is working.
I'm starting to get the lines I so desperately want on my abs and my shoulders and back are right where I want them to be in development.

So my biggest decision aside from is today the day i can get a burrito or a bowl at Qdoba is: What color for this years pair of running shoes?  The link below is the shoe the UnderArmour FTHR Radiate.  Perfect shoe for me so of course it looks like they are phasing it out since it dropped 20$ in price.
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/womens-ua-fthr-radiate/pcid1235700-824-7.5

Of course in pure spirit animal fashion last years pair were the perfect Broncos orange.  This year I have the Broncos orange available to me but now this wonderful blue color.  I am leaning toward the Blue color, but have a bit of trepidation of moving from Spirit animal orange to Blue.  Will it mess up my running mojo?  Yes i know it's silly but i think of these things.  I have certain outfits i need to wear when i run and my Broncos orange running shoes are part of that equation.  Of course when I go to purchase them Next Friday that problem could be solved for me since it appears they are low on my 7.5 blue ones. But till then, First world running problems abound!!

My next problem will be passing my ACE Exam May 16th for Group Fitness Instructor but I'll figure that out when I get to it. My current study routine for March is about 2-3 chapters a week till I complete the training manual. Then April I will take the practice exams and rewrite the workbook and questions in my notebook to get it in my head.  With the snow days i'm a little ahead of my 2-3 chapters a week plan.  I feel a little guilty that I'll miss the last training day, but then again I don't feel guilty at all.  I don't like group study.  My experiences with group study have been poor, with people in the group not doing their work and there for free answers. The last few times with my training group have been this way and I can't justify driving up from VA Beach, missing career conference and driving back to VA beach to run the dolphin Challenge Sunday just to have a group study session.  I guess I'm not a super social person, and I like to study in a way that is different than others.  But I also like those I'm studying with to do their part by being familiar with the material.  Last two sessions this hasn't been the case and while some people like teaching others material to study, I don't.  I don't like to sit around and teach someone something i know.  I want to discuss items I didn't understand and see others perspectives on it.  This is something that won't happen if you don't know anything about the material to begin with.  So while I feel bad I'm not holding up my end of the bargain by attending all the sessions, I don't feel bad cause I know my time will be better spent studying on my own.  The Group won't be their for my exam so i need to know how to do it by myself anyway.  Loners gotta lone

Comments

Popular Posts