TRX, selfcare and the Cutler Classic

SO  Self Care.  In case you didn't know, i'm a black female.  I know SHOCKER!

But, there is a lot of things happening, and it's showing me various sides of people that i associate with that I don't like.  Seeing these things written for me to read hurts.  So Selfcare means, taking time away, and deleting. I've been taking a hiatus on the weekends but now i'm starting a little earlier in the week. this week the whole Sandra Bland stuff is getting to me.  People's reactions to it are pretty much on the WTFudge level, then some people who know me have pulled the if she hadn't mouthed off, been arrogant, done what was asked she wouldn't have been arrested.  I have to say no.
Just say what your thinking, if she had just known her place and hadn't been an uppity negro.  How many of you have been ecstatic and pleased to get a ticket or warning? How many of you have been irritated?  How many of you have been yanked from your car for not putting out a cigarette?  This woman's treatment was not warranted, and she has a right to be irritated.  No she wasn't an 'Angry Black Woman', yes she was an annoyed one who knew her rights.  Sorry if that offends anyone, but it's a human right to be annoyed and irritated while still giving him the info he needed to write her a warning, which she did.  It wasn't ok to be further harassed and threatened for no other reason than you hurt another person's pride.  Justifying that type of behavior... makes me see who you really are and what you really think, not about just that situation but me in general.  It hurts that i didn't know your character before and that's why will delete you and take a selfcare weekend when i need one cause, it's my right to have a social media account and enjoy it like you do.  But i also have the right to not have to see the hate that is spewed from it either.

OK Self Care rant over!

Now TRX

In June i went and got certified in TRX Group instruction.  I finally got my own TRX so i could practice my technique at home and it's glorious.  Being able to workout at home is great for those mornings where i stayed up too late and getting up at 630 am is too late for the gym.  NOT if you have a gym on your closet door.  Today's experiment i was in the hall, it's too small a space so i definitely will be moving it for the next time.  This will really enhance my training already because i only have 37 more days till the Cutler Classic.  I am doing well with the weight loss i just need to lose those last five to get down to 115 and get everything where it needs to be with minimal jiggle.  I think with the TRX i will be able to actually get that second workout in and a HIIT session in on a much more regular balance.  I've been doing weights and then cardio now i can do Weights, cardio and a mix of strength and HIIT with the TRX to help with getting my butt in shape... literally.

That's the last thing that needs to get with the program my butt.  I need it to tighten up and look good in this competition suit.  IT's gonna be so BLING TASTIC i need it to on the body it needs to be on.

37 days till show time, can i do it? yes i can.


Comments

Popular Posts