Time to get serious

So I retired from my journey into Roller Derby this past November and while it taught me to love fitness, it also has left me with some injuries that I need to resolve before I can do more things I want to do sports wise.  Till i can get these things resolved, I've decided that Fitness competitions and Cosplay is the way to go, and basically hand in hand.

Really?  Hand in Hand.

Hear me out.  I like to be daring in my costumes.  With the exclusion of this years Pinhead costume, most costumes for women tend to be skimpy or skin tight.  For my next Cosplay after Pinhead i will be Bayonetta from the Video Game Bayonetta and i will also be black Wonder Woman in a Group costume.  In order to be the best Bayonetta and Wonder woman I have to be in my top physical shape.  In comes Fitness competitions.  I already love going to the gym and have the basic foundations for the body I want (Angela Bassett from Strange Days) So why not appeal to my competitive side and not only get in shape but compete in a Fitness competition as well.  I mean seriously I have to look like this by summer


So in order to do such seemingly impossible things it means I have to buckle down and do things diet wise and gym wise i may not like. 
#1 I may not be able to go to MC Donalds as much as i like
#2 I will not be able to drink the whole 2 liter pepsi in a day, maybe only half
#3 I will need to get up early and go to the gym, early early, before even those who think they are ripped get there at 6.  Like 4 or 5 am
#4 I may have to cook more

Out of all those changes #4 is the most appealing.  The first thing I noticed when I retired from Derby was the amount of time I had on my hands.  It was glorious.  I came home from work and sat down that first day and was over whelmed with the fact that I didn't need to rush anywhere.  After that first week of getting my house in order and back to where it was pre derby... ok maybe two weeks, and a half marathon later I was able to then cook dinners.  Of course then I was like... what do I cook?  Seriously crockpots were my friends cause of my lack of time.  So honestly the biggest adjustment has been relearning how to cook and enjoy cooking.  

Now this whole clean eating thing... Yeah lets discuss that in a different blog I have ideas on that.
Anyway, I challenged myself to a month of serious cardio aka running and gym work, so after that happens I will see exactly how much work and what areas I will target with diet and exercise.  But let me just welcome you to my blog about my body and the things I will be doing this year because I can... that's why.



Comments

Popular Posts