redefining my diet for the next two months and some discoveries

As I plot out my extreme couponing trip to stock up for Feb groceries, I have to plot for cooking in Feb.  I have pretty much figured out how i'm going to do this and fit it into the amount of calories i need to build the muscles i need.  One big wrench got thrown into the mix and I knew it would be a problem.  Krispy Kreme has built a new store next to my grocery store.  This is wonderful, however most people are like ERMAGERD the CALORIE INVASION!  i was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS then i was like wait a min how do i fit this in to my calroie count.  I looked it up and krispy kremes aren't that bad for you.

190 calories, 2 grams of protein 90 g of sodium 22 carbs and 10 grams of sugar.  this is less than the powerbar i just ate.  While the protein is what i want more of hence the powerbar which had 10 g, having a krispy kreme once and a while will not wreck me and force me to do an extra mile and a half on that run.

I decided to look at some other things.  I love Almond milk since i'm kinda lactose intolerant it's the best way for me to get my Calcium.  HOWEVER,  i like Chocolate soy milk better than chocolate almond milk. While the soy milk has more calories, it has more protein, less carbs and sodium.  So i'll be switching to soy milk.

Lesson for the day.... don't judge before you look.  I'll be eating my krispy kreme donut with my breakfast blend k cup and powdered creamer which is still less calories than the "healthy" powerbar I just ate and LOVING IT!

Comments

Popular Posts