wasn't my best race BUT I still Pr'd and other things

So time wise i was better than all my other halves so far.  Not only was it a PR, no matter how small, I didn't have all the problems i usually do.  I didn't have my my leg go numb around mile 5 and straighten randomly. I didn't get a vicious leg cramp at mile 11 that practically immobilized me.  Till Mile 11 i didn't walk unless i was at Water Stations cause running and drinking water = no good.   I stayed with my pace even though i didn't have my GPS watch on, and i did my 10 miles in Two hours and 2 mins.  All in all for the pacing i took it was good.  Mile 11 was basically one big constant hill.  They are still my nemesis hills but this race there were a lot of rolling hills and i tackled them with grace and didn't walk a hill till that one in
Mile 11.  I was running slower than i walked so I just decided to power walk the hill. It was a much better decision.

Also i had my first race nemesis battle.  I don't know how it happened.  But there was a girl with a seal team training shirt on that we kept passing each other all race. She started waving at me and smiling when she would pass me and i was already ANGRY cause i was running and it was Humid as all get out and i was not having some girl taunt me with a smile and wave.  The last time she passed me was maybe 300 yards from the finish line.  I was like... NO... NO... NO!  she is not going to beat me to the finish line.  I mustered all the last of the strength  and determination i had in my legs and I took off, throwing shade at the seal team girl as i flew by her and crossed the finish line victorious that i had beaten her.  lol  I know But i just couldn't let her beat me and i didn't.

As i lose more weight and cut for my show in Oct i'm going to assume that running will be easier and i won't have the chub rub issue with my thighs and i can maybe wear shorts when i run.  It's my dream to wear shorts when i run and have them stay shorts and not turn into a thong. One day... One day.  But now back to the gym grind.  I took the weekend off after i ran the half. But it's Monday and it's time to get to work.   my results are below My goal for the half in Nov will be:  2 hours 30 mins with 11:30 min miles.  :0)  Gauntlet Thrown  #thisismydesign

Congratulations Damacia Johnson on finishing the Patrick Henry Half Marathon on August 23, 2014. 
For your records, the weather at start time was overcast, 71 degrees F, 96% humidity, ENE wind 4 mph.
There were 96 finishers in the Female 35 to 39 age group and 1197 finishers in the Half Marathon Division.
Your overall finish place was 1114, your age group finish place was 87 and your gender finish place was 516.
Your time was 2:42:32.26 giving you an overall pace of 12:24 per mile.

Comments

Popular Posts