a first and a fail

So I went running in my sports bra this morning.  It's hot in RVA even at 540am.  So i decided i would be brave like all those other women I see out there running in their sports bras and lil running shorts.  All in all it was an interesting adventure and I'll be back to running in my tech tees.

It was indeed cooler but also i really realized how much I sweat while running... EVERYWHERE. My shirt really does soak up a lot of moisture.  It was really weird and uncomfortable to feel the sweat roll down my back and into my butt crack unencumbered.  weird feeling

Even at 6 am you will get honks and waves from gentlemen in cars.  More honks and waves than when i'm tech tee running.  Also thumbs ups

If you are wearing capris with no pockets there is absolutely no comfortable place to put your keys and you will end up carrying them in your hand which is annoying.

If you forget your towel, there is absolutely no way to wipe the sweat comfortably from your face and out of your eyes. it's hard to run with one eye

Getting hit with tree and bush branches in a sports bra really hurts a lot.

Also getting hit with a rock from a car that is suddenly in the bike lane and way too close to the side walk you are running on doesn't feel good on exposed skin.  (i was running on the side walk of a street with a sidewalk and a bike lane you think I wouldn't have to worry about getting run over... WRONG)

All in all, maybe on race days I'll run in a sports bra where the elements are a little more in control. But on my regular morning runs i'll just suffer through with my tech tee.  It provides sweat wicking, a emergency face towel and a lot more protection from the elements than I really realized.









Comments

Popular Posts