WINE FESTIVAL and the start of race season

So this weekend, is the VA Wine Festival.  VERY important for the winos out there.  And for me to pick up some fresh stock.  It's also my first race of the season.  Again it starts on Saturday with a health expo to pick up my race packet then Sunday at 10 am for my 10k which ends at the convention center aka home of the VA Wine Festival.  I'll have to bring an extra set of clothes and my de-funkafying items so i can comfortably meander through the Wine Fest with my glass tasting things.

HOWEVER, it is also my first race of the season a 10k.  my prep for this race has been poor so i really don't expect to do much better than the hour 15 i had in November.  But it will be a great figure out where I am race before I head down to VA Beach for the half marathon March 16th and the Monument Ave 10k end of March.  It will help me decide my next set of races to sign up for.  I really want to do the Ninja Challenge since i can't do the Spartan race in August. But i think i may need to just chill on that idea and do some Richmond Road Runners Races cause #1 they are cheaper #2 they have the distances i need to prepare for the Half marathon I plan on in August.

Running is my cardio, I won't lie to myself and say i will do cardio in other way.  Without Skating as an option, I need the Running in order to slim down the bulk I'm getting from the weight lifting.  I've started Body Flow at the gym which is a combo of Tai Chi and Yoga to help with Flexibility and leaning up but I need the cardio element.  I need the sunlight to last during the week cause i know I'm not going to get up early to run, I just am not.  I should but I'm not. I need to dedicate myself to running after work despite the weather.  The rain knows you want to run and it will prevent you cause it knows you hate running in it.  Just time to tell it to stuff it where the sun don't shine and pull up my hood.  I just hate running in the rain.  I'll get over it.  If Peyton can play in the rain and cold... i can run.

Maybe i need the same motivation Cary Grant had in North by Northwest.

Comments

Popular Posts