supplements and follow up

OK as promised the follow up to the leg numbing thing.

SO, after a slightly terrifying moment on my 10K, i go to my sports med doc.  I tell him what happens and he calmly asks me if i was able to continue to run and if it traveled up or down my leg.  After i told him yes i finished and it went down my leg, he happily exclaims that's good.  I was like
HUH?! This dude done lost it.

However, he explained that's what he's been working on since the nerve that is effecting my knee is in my hip and back that i was able to work out and straighten myself during the run.  I was like...cool but if there was a way to prevent it.  He showed me an extra pre-race exercise to do to help prevent it so i'll try it this next time when i do my half marathon mid march.  So it just seems my messed up nervous system will just have to get itself together so my leg doesn't go numb again.

Now on to supplements.  So i have been researching vitamins and supplements to take to help me out in my goals and i have decided on a thermogenic to help carve me some for the next 2 months and a new multivitamin and an omega 3 gel.  We'll see how this effects me, so far it seems that my body likes it.  We will see if it continues to like it as the weeks go on.  Also this is also supposed to help my Afro grow quicker... i'll believe it when i see it.  My current Afro depth is 3 inches.

Comments

Popular Posts