Closing out the year with PRs

SO I ran the University of Richmond's Turkey Trot 10k again this year.  Last year was my first year doing it and it was a mental and physical shock.  It was cold, it was right after my first half marathon and it was hilly as crap, needless to say I wasn't ready.   This year I just PR'd my 8 k and knew that my 10k wouldn't be that fast cause of the hills on this turkey trot course But i also knew i wanted to be faster than last year.  Last year i was 1 hour and 15 mins, this year i was 1 hour and 11 mins.  Though i need to check something like if someone was running with my number on a fake bid cause if you look it up on the website i finished first overall.

So next year i will shoot for an hour.

I waiting to late to sign up for the Bear Creek 10miler and it's full now.  So now i need to decide on my 35k.  I just signed up for the love Rox 10k in feb.  It's a great primer race to the monument ave 10k and the shamrock half marathon dolphin challenge i'll do in march.  I want my shamrock half marathon to be around 2 hours and 30 mins.  but i'm doing the 8 k the day before.  This will be my first multiple race weekend and i'm gonna splurge and get a nicer hotel than last year on the beach and make it a "long weekend".  It's gonna be interesting to say the least.  Last year driving back from the half marathon was interesting after having run 18 miles in a weekend?

It's gonna be necessary for me to continue running this winter.  That was what i meant to have happen when i signed up for the races in order to lean me up for the shows i will be doing next year.

Next year will be filled with races, competitions and  getting certified as a group exercise instructor.  I can't wait! 2015 is gonna be an awesome year to get things back on track.

Comments

Popular Posts