I need to stop being petty in the gym, but it's hard

Recommended Rep Ranges to Achieve Specific Goals
Training Goal
Repetitions
Endurance
≥ 12
Muscle Definition
8-15*
Maximum Strength
≤ 6*
Power
  • Explosive barbell lifts
  • Jumps and medicine ball throws

1 - 2
< 8
* For best results, the last rep should achieve momentary fatigue.

These are the recommended reps for weights at the gym according to ACE.  
So my petty tends to show when some dude who is trying to give me advice at the gym on lifting, while i'm lifting around 70 lbs in my squat set, can only do one rep of 70 when i just did 6.

Dude almost died when he walked back the 70 lbs and didn't even go to parallel before needing me to help him get the bar back up.
Here are some simple tips:

#1- I wear baggy clothes at the gym cause i'm not one for showing off my physique when i'm not at a show
#2- Just cause I'm short and wear baggy clothes and black don't crack doesn't mean I'm young and don't know what I'm doing.
#3- If I'm giving you the look that says if you stop talking and walk away now I won't embarrass you, take heed of the look and walk away.
#4-  If you don't heed it, come correct
#5- Learn to count and add so you know how much weight is on the bar
#6- Don't hover after you've been embarrassed, just walk away and act like no one saw you getting spotted for your life by a relatively small woman.
#7-  if you are gonna hover, just watch and learn, don't continue talking like you didn't just get saved from embarrassment by me and the safety cage.
and finally #8- Unless I asked for help, please don't help me.

Comments

Popular Posts