Kaplah! Success

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  here we go

Shamrock 8k -  46:25 with a pace of 9:21 per mile

Shamrock half- 2 hrs and 20 mins with a pace of 10:43 per mile


Last years times
Shamrock 8k- 47:14 with a pace of 9:31 per mile
Shamrock half- 2:28 with a pace of 11:19 per mile

Over all I pr'd again

I dropped my per mile times as well as my over all time AND i didn't stop to walk accept when getting water at water stations and that one time i had to PEE during the half.  If i didn't stop and pee i would have been under 2:20! dang bladder

So all in all my times DROPPED and i have to thank Body Attack for it.
Wait, what? Body attack you say?
Yes Body attack.  You see I've been sucking with mid week runs and i didn't run further than 6 miles while training. While that's normal and i run 10k training miles when i train for half's, i also do runs during the week rather consistently and sometimes even do streaks.  This time not so much.  My only consistent runs where my 10k training team runs and i wasn't running my training pace because i'm a coach.  With my new gym schedule it has messed up my training and i have been having issues getting everything back on track with working out and especially with my runs.  HOWEVER, i teach body attack twice a week and practice it outside of teaching once a week along with my new modified lifting schedule.  Bodyattack is sports inspired cardio going from high impact to low impact aerobic conditioning.  That's what i'm gonna have to thank more than actually running for being fit enough to drop my times.  I am still not near the weight i should be right now but my conditioning is better than i thought.

Long distance running is about endurance and conditioning. My endurance and conditioning are up because the last few weeks has been nothing but working on body attack movements, positioning over and over again in the mirror. Trying hard to get low to explode out of jumps, powering through my legs all the high impact power moves and the lower impact endurance moves making sure i'm in proper form all benefited my over all fitness  So thank you Body attack however difficult you may be, you are making me a better athlete all around.

My big achievement was not walking.  I had a moment where my old problems started to crop back up where my nerves were misfiring which was messing up my gait, my legs started to randomly straighten and lock up and my head was telling me to just stop, just stop.  I knew though if i stopped running that #1- i wouldn't pr #2- i wouldn't be able to get back up to the speed i was at  #3- i would fail my goal with less than 2 miles to go.  I just slowed down some till i could get my gait back and started back up again. When i wanted to stop i'd be like what would peyton do?  I'd say run for the first down and keep running.  When i looked at my watch with less than 3 miles left and almost 30 mins to work with i knew i had some lee way in case something happened.

there were three times that i slowed to an 11 min 11:30 min mile during the race, only three!  the rest of the time i stayed between 9:50-10:50 miles and it was great.  I have my formula to succeed now.  I'm gonna sign up in the next week for the dolphin challenge again next year that way it's cheap and do the rock n roll in va beach over labor day weekend.  Then do the Richmond Half to end the year. Now i just need to sign up for the carytown 10k  and get myself ready for the monument ave 10k.
I can't wait to see how fit i get this year as well as how i look when i start dropping weight in time for competitions this year 2016 is gonna be an interesting year.  A Healthier year and i can't wait to see what else i can accomplish this year because of it.

Comments

Popular Posts