RavenCon and 10k this weekend

So my last con as Pinhead approaches and it's the Con that is most appropriate for him to appear.  RavenCon.  It's Scifi Fantasy and HORROR!  so yes a Pinhead Cosplay is fitting to appear. I am a bit nervous cause i entered the Costume Contest.  I know People are SERIOUS about their cosplay, i watch Heroes of Cosplay and marvel at them.  I spent a lot of time and money on my Pinhead costume too and have worn it about 4 times This time I think i have the makeup right i just haven't had the time to test it.  I'm usually all liquid latex this time with spirit gumming the needles pin head against latex instead of point down.  We'll see how it goes.  I'll only have about 3-4 hours to work with it though because of my messed up work schedule.  I was going to get the makeup items i needed, liquid latex and spirit gum Today and work with application and stuff of the base coat, go to sleep and deal touch ups then with the grid lines and applying the needles and finishing makeup.  now i have to get all the make up items tomorrow morning when the place opens at 10 am get home and  get it all done before i want to head over to RavenCon around 3/4 p.m. to mill around and get pictures taken and check out things before the masquerade/contest at 7 p.m.

Saturday is gonna be stressful but at least i'll be 3 blocks from where i need to pick up my race packet for the Carytown 10k i'm running in Sunday morning so two birds, one stone.  I was hoping to knock off some time from my previous 10ks and PR this one before i do the Stratford hills 10k in June and the half marathon in August.  my goal was to have my 10k time down to 1 hour and 5 mins but i'm thinking i'll still be somewhere around 1 hour and 9 mins still even though this is a flat course.  I've been having some serious issues with my left knee and the nerve damage in my hips/lower body lately that makes any impact from running an issue.  I've been getting my cardio in via a low impact arc trainer and biking but i need to put foot to pavement to really see gains and help me push through those moments i want to die while running till i hit that what i assume is the runners high.  I call it the time where i can run forever and not feel it. it's usually after mile 2.5.  My mantra has been just keep running even if that run is a crawl.  My goal of getting to a steady pace of 10:30 per mile is better realized when i run a flat track.  I'm thinking i'll start running the track i found more just to show myself it's possible without dying and throw in  some hill runs on the weekend and once per week to spice things up just cause not every race is flat.

I'll report back how i do.  Going on stage for the first time as Pinhead to compete and if i can PR in my 10k.

Also noticable gains with my work this week at the gym i'm a week closer to measurements and a full month of clean eating save my night soda, and working out/running and seeing what it looks like.  May 1-31st is gonna be a month of gains.  But that's my next blog.

Comments

Popular Posts