Cary Town 10k results

Congratulations Damacia Johnson on finishing the Carytown 10K on April 27, 2014. 

For your records, the weather at start time was mostly sunny, 57 degrees with a 6 mph N wind.

There were 105 finishers in the Female 35 to 39 age group and 947 finishers in the 10K Run Division.

Your overall finish place was 810, your age group finish place was 78 and your gender finish place was 429. 

Your time was 1:12:01.74 giving you an overall pace of 11:37 per mile.

Your 5K split time was 35:46.48, giving you a pace of 11:32 per mile, overall place 810 and gender place 425. 

Your Finish split time was 36:15.26, giving you a pace of 11:42 per mile, overall place 803 and gender place 423.

This afternoon, personal results, along with your finisher video will be available at
http://results.chronotrack.com/event/results/event/event-8428?lc=en.

SO!  It seems i have established i have an 11:30 pace and not a 10:30 pace on courses that aren't completely flat.  THEY LIED!!! about that course being flat.  There were numerous rolling hills and two monster hills after the 3 mile marker.  I was like CRAP  I handled it like a pro though and only walked through water stations, and for 30 seconds in the 5th mile after monster hill #2.   SO my next goal is to drop my pace time down to a steady 11 min mile and shave my 10k time down to 1:05:00.  By my next 10k in June i should hopefully be at this goal and  then keep that up till the half marathon August 24th.  My goal for the half is to be at 2 hours and 30 mins.  2 hours and 40 mins would be great but 2.5 hours is better since there is a time limit of 3 hours for this race and i Don't wanna be DEAD last.  I'll assess my progress after the 10 k in june to see if a 2.5 half is possible.  I wish i could find a half marathon that was before August just to benchmark myself.  i'll look, there has to be one.

Also with my running i'm going to track run twice a week and do my favorite hill trail on Saturday and Sunday. I have to learn to love hills... i'm just glad this time i just kept running no matter how slow i felt.


Oh i also got Judges Choice for my pinhead costume this weekend

Comments

Popular Posts