spring time and wardrobe

SO!  it's spring time, my allergies tell me so.  This means that it's the season for cute dresses and capris and shorts.  However with my lifting activities my thighs have rebelled against my usual size.  While i think my dresses fit me just fine, my mom has other ideas, i say cause she's intimidated by my butt and thighs.  I hear nothing but watch out your getting huge or your dress is too tight or you need to watch those hips with that lifting.  Anyone else who didn't workout as much as me would get really self conscious with those kinda comments and go on an unhealthy crash diet.  I am switching over to a clean eating diet and have transitioned about 80% of the way, i still like pizza i don't make a little too much and I'll always be about 95% cause of my love of soda.  This with my 5 days of cardio a week and heavy lifting will lean me out.

I'll admit I'm bulky right now.  I'm a decided size 4 after years of trying for it i have made it.  I'm a medium t shirt and tank top too.  I went up a size in jeggings and switched to men's jeans just so i wouldn't have to worry about them fitting my thighs.  I have muscle and i have definition but in order to get more definition i have to get my diet right.  There is only so much thermogenics can do.  I've been seeing a difference over the last two weeks with my transition to a full clean diet. I'm starting to see my definition in my arms and back and my upper abs, my calves, my upper thighs and lower abs are my issue spots when it comes to definition. I want to see all the lines. In order to get that i need to focus my work on those areas and get clean.  this means my fav snacks have been replaced by an extra allegra and oranges/tangelos/apples with natural peanut butter.  I say Extra allegra cause I'm allergic to most fruits and veggies except apples, carrots, potatoes and spinach, which sucks BALLS in the summer when my nectarines, and tangerines are around (my favs).  I usually just itch but with my FSA card i have a steady supply of Allegra at my disposable that's not coming out of pocket anymore. If i have to take an extra allegra to get through a day of clean eating then I'll just take that extra allegra.  it's not like it makes me drowsy or anything.

With an increased focus on my diet, cardio and lifting i know I'm going to start losing the bulk i had strived for while i was playing derby.  I'm trying to decide, do i buy clothes for the size i am now, or the size i will be.  Also with my lifting, will my thighs lean out or get bigger?  With the changes i see in my body form I'm not sure what i should do.  I'm tempted to just buy skirts to roll around in for the summer and not have to bother about the fit. However, there are all these ADORABLE capris and Shorts around and i want to show off my legs.  I'm thinking i can use it just as an excuse to go buy more clothes when my size/body changes again.  I know JCPenney and their Joe Fresh line of clothing will appreciate it.  They are my ultimate place to go for clothes to fit my form.  They have plenty of Aline dresses to please my mom and her intimidation with my butt, and their t shirt skirt was my go to last year when it was too hot for pants.  All their clothes are flattering and fit well, i just have never tried their pants or shorts which I'll be doing today.  Expect a report next blog.

Comments

Popular Posts