Monument Ave 10k

SO!  despite running in the rain, i think i did a relatively good job.  I will never be one of those serious runners who has a water belt on and running 2 miles before my 6 mile race to warm up.  But i need to no matter what do my jump squats and scissor lunges or I will regret it by mile 1.5 which was the case.  I just didn't want to move around and get more wet from the rain that was misting so i didn't do my warm up, which is against my new set of rules for myself but yeah... whatever i was stubborn.  I will not be stubborn again.  i had a sad moment of realization on my run that it really isn't a sisterhood unless your doing something to benefit them.  Then i got over it since i never believed in that mess anyway, it was just more confirmation why i didn't.  my 5k split was 35 mins and i finished just under 1 hour 10 with an official time of 1:09:33 which was much better than my first 10k of the year and on par with the first ten k of my half two weeks ago.  my next ten k will be April 27th so we will see what happens then.

Now i'll go back to my 5 days of cardio and 3 days of heavy lifting, and two days of Body flow and see what the results are.  I've picked out a fitness competition date and it's Oct 11th in roanoke so I'll go from there and see how things shape up.  I already looked at my competition suit, it's pretty and i need to get on selling some mary kay to afford that and my entry fee and my tickets to see the denver broncos play in Denver.  So many goals, for the year and bringing down my 10k time in a month is one of them i can cross off my list.

Comments

Popular Posts