My first Memorial Day Home

SO, it's my first Memorial Day weekend that i get to enjoy at home since 2010.  Why?  Since i retired from Derby i'm no longer the WFTDA rep.   This means that WFTDACon which happens every memorial day weekend is no longer one of the things i do.  The first WFTDACon i attended was in Vegas, this years would have been in Vegas... it's bittersweet cause I LOVE VEGAS.

I would always go to WFTDACon, participate, take notes, smooze, play amazing derby and enjoy the sights of wherever i'm at, and make vital league connections.  WFTDACon is where River City got recognized, where i marketed and pushed the league into international/national awareness.  I say I cause for the last three years i was the only one to go from River City and i knew when i retired, i knew it would be the last time we'd be represented there.

It's ok though cause as a retiree I've moved on to other things.  I just think it's a shame.

Now on to Memorial Day weekend.  A Three day weekend!! one of two this year i get to enjoy before my big Europe trip.  I forgot it was a three day weekend till about 10 mins ago so I'm not sure what to do with myself on Monday.  Of course i'll sleep in as much as the dogs will allow and go to the gym, maybe a run, after that i'm not sure.  I guess i'll game and grill ... why not?  I enjoy motivating myself to do things i need to do but these lazy weekends with nothing to do, i have to figure out what to do with myself.

DERBY RETIREMENT IS GOOD

you wanna know why?  Cause i can have this conversation about what to do with my free time and it comes back to the same thing... WHATEVER THE HECK I WANT :0)


Comments

Popular Posts