back to basics and a new refocus.

As I work on new physical goals, and get ready to go to Europe I have been taking stock of all the things i have that i need to refocus on.

I have been using the gym more to curb my need to shop
I have been staying in and  playing video games, being with friends, and watching TV like a vegetable to cut on expenses
I have been focusing on my Mary Kay business more
I have focused on my family and what's important in my life more

The one thing i haven't focused on much is my job.  I have been going through the motions with that and I need to buckle down.  I will admit, i take my position and job for granted.  I feel comfortable at my job and know that i'm a valuable asset.  However, How valuable am i?  My recent trip to New Hampshire showed me some things and i realized that i need to just refocus on that ever important part of my life.  It takes up 8+ hours of my day and I treat it like a side chick.  I have a coworker that i dump a lot of things on and I realized with her going on vacation starting Thursday afternoon, I have a lot of stuff i'll have to do again for a week and a half.  I need to do better with my job.  I can't delegate all the time.  I know how to do it and because she's eager i let her do it and let me sit down, but i need to do more.  The more i do, the less i will feel vulnerable when i do make a mistake.  I have lost jobs, been laid off of jobs so much that i always had two jobs or more just in case.  Now i have this job that is finally paying me well and I like it.  I like being in charge and i like the experience its offering me. I even quit the second job that was making me miserable because i was making enough to support myself and still have fun with some light budgeting.

So i have resolved to focus the next 6 weeks on getting better with my focus at work.  One way i'm doing that is no facebook at work.  I am bad about checking it and hanging on all my social medias when i have down time at work, now i will just avoid the habit and just go ahead and do something else.  If you see more blogs from me and google+ posts sorry lol.  Facebook is a trap with all those links to follow and then it leads to me wandering on twitter.  Google + no ones on google+ so i don't have as many traps there.  So no facebook at work.  A quick check on facebook during lunch via the phone then back to the no facebook zone.

More knitting at work, more working on my book at work, and more work at work.  These are all things that will keep my ADD at bay and help me with my goal of focusing.  Everyone needs a break, especially when there is no work to do, but now it will just be refilled with my knitting projects, book editing and little work projects to make the lab more efficient.(as if it's not already the most efficient in the company, but dang imagine if i focused on it)

I used to have derby work to fill this extra time then i filled it with meaningless things.  I'll see how it goes and if i'll impose the ban for longer.  It will also show me how addicted or not i am to FB.  Especially before my Europe trip, when i won't have access to the FBs till i get home or find WIFI on my tablets.  I am working on my communication with people in the states during that time.  Download Viber and add me if you want to text me during my trip If not wait till i get home and upload all the pictures from my trip!

Europe Trip countdown 25 days

Comments

Popular Posts