will not become that Serious runner

I refuse

However, in my attempts to improve my running i've started to pay attention to elevations, gains and drops and how they effect my body during running.  So this half i'm training for in August, i just looked up the route.  I was comparing elevations to my training run elevations and was then shocked at myself.  Had i turned into that person?  I won't start a run without my GPS watch set up.  I get frustrated at "bad" runs.  I hydrate like crazy the night before a run.  I plan out run challenges and push myself to do one more.  I have a run outfit i prefer for certain length runs.  I have recently gotten up early and instead of heading to the gym, gone for a run.  Granted i tell myself it's cause it's cooler and i need to get the cardio in.  It also means I don't go to the gym till late too.  HAve i become a gym rat and a serious runner?

I think not.  I still don't run with my own water, i refuse to not run with music, and i will stretch and do all my warmup stuff i will not run a mile or two to warm up before a race... i refuse.


I refuse to be a Serious Runner.

Comments

Popular Posts