July 4th weekend

it's upon us.  July 4th weekend.  I have nothing planned except going to the gym, playing video games, and playing with the dogs.

It feels good to not have plans or worry about anything.

I'm thinking of grilling and having a moment by the fire pit and taking the dogs to the dog park to wear themselves out.  I also need to hang out with the parents they start the first part of the Europe journey next Tuesday.  which means i'll have less than 2 weeks before i go to Europe.  I listed last blog what i still need to do.  I'm hoping that i can get it all done in a timely manner, by next week would be swell.  I need to make sure all transfers are made.  I NEED to make sure my bag is the right weight.

This weekend is a pure relax weekend for me.  I haven't had a day off in a min so i need one.  Waiting for this vacation has been murder.  I've wanted to take a sick day or a half day or a just a four day weekend and i haven't been able to.  Just couldn't do it.  i needed the time for Europe.  I can't wait till i get out of here today so i can start my weekend.

Gonna start it off with a run then maybe a late night gym visit.  If not i'll be gyming it tomorrow morning, cookout, then a run.  I need to get in some miles.  I am at about 4 miles for the start of my challenge.  If i run 2.5 a day i'll get my 50 miles.  But I know myself and running everyday... may not happen.  Running every other day and maximizing those times like this weekend where i can get in a long run or two would be great.  Store up those miles for those rainy days or those days where i can only do 2.5 miles before gassing out.  Next Sunday i have to get in a 12 mile run as a trial run for the Half. I'm gonna try to progressively work up to that 12 mile run then do the 2.5 mile runs up till i leave on the 19th

So it should look like this

July 1-5- 18 miles 4,6,8
July 6th-12th -18 miles with a 4, 6, 8
July 13th- 12 miles
2.5 x2 from July 14-19th

I think this is doable.

#thisismydesign

Comments

Popular Posts