13 days and getting more and more excited

So i weighed my bag and it's 23 pounds.  Yes i was worried it would weigh more.... just seemed heavier but i forgot my bag only weighed 6 oz to begin with.  Gotta love that superlight bag.  SO  after spending a morning on trip advisor and making calls on my left to do list is as follows

What i need to do!

Set up a time to meet with who's keeping the kids
survive on a budget for 2 weeks with only cash for  uses
Refill all meds
Set up international plan for my cell phone- DONE!
Stop my mail- DONE!
Stop my cleaning lady- DONE!
Set up all my bills to pay automatically- DONE!
Stick to a cash only budget for 2 weeks.

Thankfully i don't need to buy a single more thing for Europe now i need to avoid those last min i need to pack things.  It's my goal to have a bag that weighs around 30 lbs going.  Gives me twenty pounds to work with.

My carry on bag is basically just an empty bag with electronics holding my small bag i'll be using in Europe.  It's gonna be my dirty clothes carrying vessel that i'll throw in my checked bag on the way back with souvenirs and stuff.

My dad is all into fitness and wants to run or go to the gym on our two night stays in places.  I'm cool with that but now i have to pack at least three sets of work out clothes and my running shoes.  I was trying to avoid a lot of shoes.  I wanted to bring my converse mesh trainers and my new balance minimus as my shoes then flip flops.  Adding in one more pair of sneakers won't kill me but it's unnecessary baggage if he isn't serious about running.

So my new need to add to suitcase list is:

sunglasses
hat
workout clothes
running shoes
Swimsuit

Some of the hotels have AWESOME looking pools.  I could see me wanting to get in.  But i'll only bring one... Just in case.

After reading over reviews it seems all the hotels are good and have either a restaurant available or close to restaurants and shops. But some aren't like the hotels we have here with small bathrooms and lackluster AC.  i'll be fine.  I worry about my sister getting into some of the showers but it's gonna be good.  I'll do a bed bug check ANYWAY  just in case but for a place to sleep and shower they look good.  I don't get people who are all upset over hotels not have TV channels they like or other things.  As long as it's clean, has a clean bed and bathroom that's all you need really.  it's not supposed to be your living room, its just a place to sleep before getting back on a bus, not a lounge room.

Today is supposed to be a rest day, but if the weather is any indicator i need to get out and at least run today.  I may not be able to till Thursday... maybe Friday at least outside.  We'll see what happens with the weather, but i need to get in a gym work out and then i need to see my parents.  They leave tomorrow for the first leg of their European adventures before they meet up with me and my sister.  I need to make sure my dad hears me about his wallet and not putting it in his back pocket and i need to make sure my  mother has everything she needs packed.  I feel for my dad travelling with 3 clueless women for two weeks.but i know he can handle it till i get there for our london meet up.

Time to stop rambling and do some work.... now that i've finished with vacation planning.

13 more days.

Comments

Popular Posts